Making room

I have a new little quiet corner in which to do my school work.  We cleaned up a corner in the rarely used family room, put in a desk and I moved many of my books and supplies into the space.  It’s cozy and a room I can retreat to when I need to be separated from the distractions I seem to always encounter working at the dining room table, which is a wide open space between the kitchen, great room and living room—kind of a conduit to everywhere.  The only problem?  No internet service.  Our wireless router doesn’t like something that must be in the way. 

This may be a very good thing, as long as I don’t need the internet to do my homework.  It will keep me focused by eliminating the internet distraction that creeps ever so easily into my day.  Good thing I have a laptop and can move around the house to take care of the urges and temptations! But I sure hope I am able to stay put long enough to accomplish something!


Dear God, bless my little corner, my light, my books, my pens and pencils.  Guide my path as I make this transition into more solitude; give me patience to accomplish what I need to do in a more timely, less distracted manner.  With your help, I think I can embrace this change and use it to do good things.  Amen.