Thanking God it's Friday

Fridays are becoming my day of rest, of taking a break, of taking time to take care of me.  I am finding Fridays are the day I take care of the things that may not be the most fun, like laundry and such, but those things bring me into communion with my home and they help me stay connected with the rhythm here.  Some loaves of frozen bread dough transformed into fresh bread, some plants were reorganized as some of the outdoor plants need to come in soon to winter over, a decent meal was prepared and a trip to Target accomplished.  These tasks send me back to the days when my main responsibility was to maintain our home and raise our children.  As much as I am looking forward, these moments of looking back and reconnecting with whom I am at my depths give me a certain peace I cannot find elsewhere.

Unable to find ways to bring peace into my being lately seems to be what has been causing my internal anxiety about school and life and my future.  Sometimes it takes the comfort of the familiar to refresh enough to step into the risks that the next days, weeks, months and years have in store. 


O Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me time to take care of myself in ways that are familiar and comforting.  In times of stress it is easy to feel guilty for what is not being accomplished, even when plenty is being accomplished, often as the better part, fulfilling the real needs.  Finding personal moments of peace are ways to stay connected with self and with you.  Thank you for this special time.  Amen.