I didn't get anything done today.

A friend calls and an unexpected lunch date occurs.
A few spare minutes and calendars are synched.
A calculated break on the couch and a nap refreshes.
A phone call last night and today, a friend comes along to a lecture.
An assigned lecture at Hamline and a dialogue of peace in Israel and Palestine begins.
A scheduled cleaning of the Lowry tunnel and two friends get an extra 30 minutes to visit.

I didn’t think I accomplished much today, when I didn’t crack a book or write a word on an afternoon where I had opportunity and time, but when I reflect back, each moment accomplished something I needed and there is nothing to feel bad about.  My schedule is full, my head swimming with things to do, and still, moments like these remind me that I have a life to live, full of people who I want and need to spend time with and that I need and want these distractions to set me back on a healthy path where people and activities are a welcome part of the schedule or a necessary distraction. 


Dear God, you love us to be in relationship with one another!  We sometimes need to remember that you didn’t make us to be alone in this world and you have placed people in our lives to help us be and become.  Thank you for shaking up rigid schedules; allowing connections and reconnections to occur, keeping us whole and healthy.  Amen.