Time on my hands.

I've had a difficult time falling asleep lately.  I don’t know if it has to do with the temperature, atmospheric pressure or too many things in my head, but I’m kind of tired of elusive sleep.  I’m probably not busy enough right now, even though I've been helping my mother-in-law get organized to move at the end of the month and spent about 6 hours with her at IKEA on Tuesday.  Today we will take her to sign her lease and begin moving her into the apartment, just three miles from our home.  This change will make it easier for us to be more involved in her life and to be able to ensure she is okay, well fed and more active than she has been.  It is a good thing, but it takes much effort to move, even when she doesn't have a lot.  I spend a lot of time thinking, planning and working to make this as easy a transition for her as it can be.  To be honest, it’s nice to have something to occupy some of my thoughts and time right now, as this is that “calm before the storm” month before school begins again and time management becomes a significant gift when needing to keep everything straight, so there is time to give and willingness to give it.

Dear God, thank you for the opportunity to help others in the few weeks I have available to give more of my time and energy.  Help me to use this time to take care of myself, as well.  Grant restful, restorative sleep to weary bodies; calm the thoughts that keep busy minds awake, and relax bodies into refreshing rest; all to prepare us for a new day, with regular expectations and extraordinary relationships with you.  Amen.