...God is strong!

God does good things when we rely upon God.  By admitting my weakness and asking for prayers, I am beginning to find the confidence I need to return to a nightly quiet time, celebrate my faith and talk with God.  This doesn't mean that everything is figured out or that I am not still weak, but what it does mean is that all the prayers said for my benefit these past 24 hours have impacted me to a point where I feel I can spend time sharing my journey on the blog again.  Admission of frailties is part of life, and a valuable reminder that there is a constant need for God, to be in community with God, to be open to the possibilities from God.  God is always strong, always present, always willing to listen and to guide through all of life.  Dependence on God is a sign of strength, because it releases the dependence on self.  I promise to continue to work on letting go of my need to depend on me and to work harder to trust in the One who guides my days and nights, the One to whom we pray for ourselves and for others.

O Holy One, source of strength, bringer of light, hearer of prayers, thank you for all the lessons I am learning to become a source of your light in the world.  Amen.