Rejuvenation

I slept until noon today.  My body was heavy, my eyes sandy and I slept.  I must have needed to rejuvenate to prepare for the next things on the list.  It’s time to start packing my mother-in-law for her move at the end of the month.  It’s time to buy books for the next semester.  It’s time to get a newsletter researched and written.  It’s time to deep clean the house.  It’s time to catch up on laundry.  It’s time to live the last weeks of summer and find moments of respite and joy.  We did that tonight with a family dinner at a local restaurant, sitting outside on their sidewalk, enjoying one of the few nights together.
 

Dear God, Thank you for the extra rest today.  Thank you for the beautiful weather this evening.  Thanks for another movie time with my daughter.  Help these moments bubble up from my memory when I’m feeling overwhelmed and the list gets long.  Amen.