R & R

I recently returned from a two day Sabbath with Jeff.  We were given the opportunity to spend time in a cabin where we enjoyed a lot of fishing--and a lot of catching--too much sun and some much needed rest and relaxation.  It was very HOT until a big thunderstorm came through and blew in a few hours of cool air, making sleeping a little easier that night.  Now, I return to a busy schedule for the next few days.
 
I learned that fishing is a great way to clear the mind.  What an amazing distraction that I have so rarely taken advantage of!  As I come back to daily living, I hope I can return to those memories of those moments on the lake when fishing took my mind away from all that has caused me to be so uptight.

O Creator of the world, thank you for the peacefulness of a canoe on the lake, rod and reel in my hand and a bobbing bobber.  Thank you for the really hot weather and for the thunderstorm that pushed across the lake, blowing in a chill for the air and fog for the sunrise.  Thank you for the sunburn on my skin and even for the pain some clothing causes when it touches my skin, for it will remind me of these two days of respite, two days where time away rejuvenates and revitalizes a weary mind and body.  Amen.