Reflections on the day

It’s about time for a late night walk around the block.  The air is cool and the night insects are making noise.  The June bugs have been clinging to screens.  The rain this afternoon beat loudly on the roof of Target while I was shopping, and, perhaps, lingering before attempting to get out to the car.  We worked on lists, ironically, today.  Planning what needs to get done and packed.  I’m thankful for this time with our daughter.  We had lunch out, got our hair cut and shopped, too.  Moments to cherish and add to the list of things to be thankful for!  Tonight I pray for my friend who has tumors in her lungs that have grown.  I pray for healing of mind, body and spirit; for grace to understand and make good choices regarding treatments, especially when some of them seem counter intuitive.  I am thankful for this friendship—in her trust in me to walk this road with her, however that can happen.  I give this petition to our God, the one who heals in miraculous and mysterious ways.  Amen.