Just what I needed!

After yesterday’s whine about making good choices…I was able to meet one of my college (and pre-marriage) roommates for coffee this morning.  It moved to lunch, too.  Her life is changing rather dramatically and we haven’t had a lot of time together in quite some time.  We were able to catch up, neither of us anxious about time or our to-do lists that would still be waiting after our time together.  I believe this was one of those God-moments (hours) where we were walking on the holy ground of friendship.  It was holy time, it was supposed to be and it was the length of time it was supposed to be.  Sure, I did not make it to any of the other celebrations of the day, but I was at the one celebration that was most important, and that made all the difference. 

God, friendships are reminders of the relationship we can have with you.  Sometimes we don’t get to have a lot of time, but when we do we jump in as if time stood still.  Other times we are closely engaged with one another, intimately bound in one another’s daily journey.  When we focus on any relationship, we are given a gift.  Thank you for our special friends.  Amen.