Making Choices

I wrote earlier in the week that I would keep my head above water these three weeks of an intensive class.  Today was the last day of the first week.  I’m exhausted.  I’m weary.  I’m a bit overwhelmed.  The weekend is filled with many invitations to celebrate and be with people.  I feel like I want everyone in our household to leave me home alone to do the things I need to do, for school, for home, for work, for them; but at the same time, I feel like I need to be a part of the world around me, living, learning and being.  So I will go to sleep and meet a friend for coffee in the morning.  Be in each moment, and be okay with what I choose to do and not do, because whatever I choose, I am doing the right thing.

Dear Holy Comforter, making choices that disappoint some for the benefit of others is one of the most difficult things we all must do.  The ability to balance often needs divine assistance.  I ask you, oh Father, to guide my choices and give understanding hearts, minds and thoughts to those who will receive less while others receive more.  Ease my thoughts and heart as well, comforting me as I do the best I can to make the right choices.  Amen.