An Anniversary for Many.


I was right, it was a big day.  Not just for Jeff and I, but for Minnesota.  While we are celebrating our marriage, the vote for marriage equality passed.  Now we wait for the Governor, who has expressed his intent to sign it into law.  It was also a busy day.  One of the beloved professors at UTS gave his final chapel service and homily for us today.  He talked about how easy it is to misspell “United” as “Untied,” how this little slip is a wonderful representation of how all of us entered into our seminary experience as an untied group, afraid to open ourselves up, a bunch of frayed ends who will, in the end become a united community.  It was also the evening where Rich’s family and friends gathered to say goodbye to their loved one.  It is also the Feast Day of the Ascension of Jesus. 

Jeff came over to the seminary to take me out for dinner in between my meetings and class.  Just having a few minutes together was wonderful!  While I was at school I wrote Jeff a love letter—something I haven’t done in a very long time, perhaps not since one of us was in college years ago!  Traveling through memories was a great way to celebrate this special day.

God, I am so thankful for the relationship I have with Jeff.  You have given us so many wonderful opportunities and gifts, friends and family.  We are so very thankful for our children.  Be with us as we grow together through the years.  Amen.