Holy Reassurance

I experienced that “Holy Spirit rush” while in prayer just before the early service this morning.  It’s a flutter that emanates from the depths of my chest, almost like the feeling of a chill, but it is a warm vibration.  It is a reminder that I am in relationship with the Holy as it trickles outward providing a sense of peace and calm.  I haven’t felt that for a while.  I think it may be because my internship has been more about learning than about feeling the Holy Spirit move within me and within the community.  I have learned to trust that the Holy Spirit IS moving in those places, but for me to feel it so viscerally, so physically, I find I need to go elsewhere and be open in a different way. 

Feeling it this morning was a reassurance that the Holy can be felt even if I am part of the worship team.  I have longed for that moment and am so thankful that it arrived this morning.

Letting go of the expectation that worship is where one meets God has been important for me to learn and tell people about.  I've known for years that God can be found everywhere, but find that being in community with others, worshiping God through communal praise, music, liturgy and prayer is extremely important for me to learn more about God and how God moves in this world.  People are more open to talk about faith and God in church, but sometimes the most holy of experiences come from simply living and paying attention.
I wasn't looking for the physical presence of the Holy this morning.  I think that may be why I felt her so strongly, yet briefly as we prayed.  I am so thankful.


Thank you Holy, Heavenly Spirit for being physically present in the world.  In your presence there is reassurance that we are in relationship with all that is Holy and good.  Feeling your gentle touch is a great comfort.  Your touch helps bring weary, aching, frightened and hurting people peace.  Your touch guides the strong and healthy as they navigate life’s challenges.  Your touch blesses all of us at the moments we most need reminding that all will be well because you are present in our lives.  Amen.