Changing Perspectives

Sometimes the best remedy to feeling overwhelmed by the upcoming schedule is to go to sleep.  So I did.  For nearly three hours.  Now I need to get myself to bed so I can start to live the schedule I have in place for the rest of the week.  I was given a gift, too, that I do not have to go to a meeting in the morning!  That time will be used for some sleep and some preparing of my next sermon; and perhaps to get more of those pesky, never-ending chores done.  It’s all good, I just need to pause a little, breathe and accept that of all there is to do I can only do as much as I can.  I will need to let some things go, or expect a little less of myself, so I can focus on those things that bring the most satisfaction.  So I napped this evening, which changed my perspective, refreshed my mind and gave me some end of the night energy.


O Heavenly Father, you have given me a full life for which I am grateful.  I have family and friends, some work, some school, some church and time to share with all of them.  Help me to practice self-care, to set aside times that are completely mine to do the things I want to do, like spend time with friends or read a book, or simply take a nap.  This place and time in my life sometimes seems overwhelming, but with you as my partner I know I can make the right decisions to do the best that I can do with the time, energy and resources I have to give.  Thank you for helping me put it back into perspective.  Amen.