Preparing for the mission trip

This day did not go exactly as I had planned.  It wasn't bad, I just didn't get some things done I should have been able to accomplish.  This Saturday, I’m heading up north for a mission trip, and found that some of the plans I had originally made for food needed adjusting.  I need to reconsider quantities, because the numbers of people have changed.  The people we are going to help are also providing a number of evening meals, which means I have to decide what meals I want to make and which do I want to scrap.  In the end, I’m only scrapping one meal and all the bag lunches!  I need to get it done because someone else is willing to do all the shopping, and her schedule is kind of tight.  This may seem like the wrong focus when we are going up to help others, and perhaps it is, but this is what I know how to do well and I want to give my best gifts in the best ways I can. 

God, please be with all of us who are preparing for our mission trip.  There are many people who are coming to help, some for all of the week and others for part of the week.  Guide us as we identify our best gifts and talents, but also motivate us to try new things.  We do this ministry with you as our hope and strength, and we ask for your presence in our preparations.  Amen.