Happy Birthday, Mom! I celebrated for you!

My mom celebrated her 77th birthday today!  She had lunch with friends and dinner out with my dad, so trying to catch her home to wish her a happy day was rather difficult.  Tomorrow.  

Late this evening I met up with some of the Divas I went to Las Vegas with last September.  They were at a bar near enough for me to get there before 11:00.  We danced, wearing both our tiaras and lighted devil’s horns.  We were quite a sight!  The devious divas in the group conned the band into having me sing with them, Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’,” which is one of my favorites to sing along with.  I messed up on one verse, but was coached through the rest of the song, so all went well.  It’s a Diva’s weekend and I’m preaching on Sunday, so, of course, they made a big deal of me being in seminary and of the Sunday morning plan to be “saved” by me.  Some even started inviting the crowd to be there on Sunday morning, which ended up putting me into a conversation with someone who has no belief in God, but, I think, wants to have some proof that God is present in the world.  You never know what will happen when you go to a bar on a Friday night with gals you went to high school with!


Dear God, Thank you for my mom and all that she has taught me throughout my life.  Her influence upon me has been significant.  Thank you also for my goofy friends who pull me onto the dance floor and strongly encourage me to have fun.  All glory to you.  Amen.