Growing...daily

I've been writing these prayers now since October.  Over 34,000 words; since the end of April, over 1000 blog views; over 60 pages of thoughts, expressions, poetry, “sermons,” laments, whines, joys, sorrows, and, you name it.  And yet, I never put together the liturgy for a worship service until today.  I am assigned Morning Prayer for my Episcopal Worship class tomorrow.  I’m assigned Evening Prayer on Friday.  I’m learning how to find what is needed to complete the liturgy based on days of the week, Saints, hours of the day, etc., etc.  I’m learning that the Book of Common Prayer is the most comprehensive place to learn about Episcopal theology.  I’m learning that these many, many words I have been writing and praying and sharing are the intercessory prayers necessary to bring my relationship with God closer to me, and that, even though these are my words (though many are collective prayers for anyone to use), they are only a part of the daily worship I need to be fulfilled.  Once I've digested all the lectures and training and worshiping I will complete the end of next week, I will need to decide what to do with it all.  Will I become more faithful to daily worship as well as these prayers?  How will I bring this commitment into my life?  Will it change the way I view the world and my relationships with it and with God?  Hefty questions that will need prayerful consideration. 

O Heavenly Spirit, be with me as I fill my heart, mind and soul with all that I need to learn to be in communion with you and with those around me.  Use me to teach what I know and am learning.  Guide my thoughts as I seek clarity in the many words and experiences that lead me closer and closer to you.  Amen.