Writing a Novel

The book of life has many chapters, they may not all seem to fit, some may always be incomplete, but nonetheless they are part of the whole…

As I’m trying to complete the last couple requirements of the semester I’m listening to the Twin Cities Women’s Choir latest c.d. release, which is a reminder of another, long chapter of my life.  My voice is on most of the songs on this two-disc compilation, and as I listen, I wonder if it will be the last one where my voice will be present.  Did I complete that chapter already?  What I’m becoming aware of is that even when chapters seem to come to an end, some elements of each are threads within the whole.  Memories, friendships, repeated experiences in new forms all help me remember that “My Heart’s At Home,” always, because it is my story and all the pieces fill my heart and wherever I am, I am at home. 

To the Author of Life, I give thanks!  The book that holds the pages of my life hold my story, incomplete, filled with suspense, joy and adventures.  When I have the opportunity to revisit the pages of earlier chapters, use them to teach me and guide me and remind me that in them, you were there, then, as you are now.  Amen.