Allergies or Emotions?

What a day.  The allergy season kicked into high gear with pretty much every plant budding, blooming, and bombarding me with pollen this week.  Itchy eyes, drippy nose causing a bit of exhaustion combined with the reality that this is the last week of this semester.  I've been focusing on the work I need to do to finish, which makes sense.  But, today I also realized that some of the students I've been in classes with are graduating this weekend! So amidst the allergies, emotions emerged. There is a little grief.  There is hope for the graduates.  There is also the stress involved in completing projects and papers.  There is anticipation and trepidation as my routine changes. If you've seen me today, you may have seen all of these things etched on my face, because I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve.  (Try to focus on the hope!)  

Dear Teacher of All, Be with those students who are graduating from seminary this weekend.  Guide their paths and their committees.  Jump through the hoops and over the hurdles with them as they move forward in their ministries.  Drive and travel with them as they take adventures, go on interviews and meet new people.  Bless their ordinations, their service and their ministries.  Guide their pathways into communion with you, the Holy One.  Amen.