Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad’s 81st birthday.  Wow.  That’s pretty amazing when you think about how much the world has changed over the course of his life.  Last year we were busy working on a big party for him.  We made a video invitation to his “Red Solo Cup” party.  The party brought people from all around the country because, really, people wanted to celebrate his life WITH him instead of in honor of him.  Pretty amazing.  

Dear God, I’m thankful that I have the opportunity to spend so much time with my dad and that, generally, our relationship is healthy.  He has been inspirational to me in many ways, and has had much to do with me being the strong woman I have become.  Thank you for keeping him healthy and able to do the many things he enjoys.  Bless him this day and each one that comes for him, for us who share this world with him.  Amen.