How do I pray?

I was asked today how I pray.  Do I kneel; have a special spot in our home or a certain time that I set aside?  I answered “no” to each of these scenarios.  Not that they never happen, they just aren't a part of my regular practice.  I continued by explaining that I feel like I am in the presence of God all the time and that I am in relationship always, so though I sometimes have petitions, I often pray what I am feeling as I am living.  There are enough situations each day that can lead me to prayer, sending me, figuratively, to my knees, but most of the time I just want to seek God in life, and if I enter into each day, open to that expectation, I live my life in nearly constant prayer.  In other words, life is a prayer. 

Dear God, you have given me a unique understanding of my relationship with you.  I have learned to trust this relationship as one that is ever present.  I can be my authentic self and know that you will always be with me and accept each of the facets of my personality.  I am incredibly thankful.  Amen.