Life moves forward

I am delighted to announce:

"The Rev. Debra Rae Dehler and St. Alban's Episcopal Church, Indianapolis, Indiana ... have accepted the appointment by the Bishop of the Diocese of Indianapolis to serve as the Priest-in-charge of St. Alban's Episcopal Church ... beginning May 1..."





It truly is a time of unraveling.  

When my husband and I were married, our wedding announcement had this verse:  A rope of three cords is not easily broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:12b).   Over the years the cords have loosened and tightened, as the relationship changed with different things pulling our attention, but the rope has remained intact with God, Jeff and I.

Now, my cord in the rope is changing to more fully embrace what I believe God has been inviting me to be and do for nearly my whole life.  I'm so blessed that Jeff is also embracing these new ways of me coming into myself.  We are off on a new adventure!

While this is a time of excitement and of anticipation, it is also a time of letting go of literal things in preparation for a move.  It is a time of boxing up memories.  It is a time of redefining how really long-term relationships will develop as long-distances create some obstacles.  It is a time of creating new traditions.  It is a time of making choices and making lists and making priorities.

It is a time to ask for help, for understanding, for mood swings and prayers.  Lots and lots of prayers.  It is not a time to be alone.  It is not a time to be independent or stubbornly self-sufficient.  It is a time to know that there are others in my life who will be there through this process and who will support us as we take our leave.

Mostly, it is a time of knowing the depth of love that is in Christ and offered through all who love us enough to let us take this adventure and to embrace who we are.