Favorite Things

We just got home from another wonderful Divas and Desserts concert by the Twin Cities Women’s Choir.  They sang, celebrated and entertained with jubilant enthusiasm.  I wasn’t up on stage this year, as my life has become too busy to try to memorize all the music for the concerts and my body can only handle so many activities in my life.  I missed being up there…but only a little.  There is something about volunteering for the event and then enjoying the music that is very satisfying.  I got to spend time in the kitchen, preparing the plates of desserts and time in the silent auction area selling the c.d.s we have produced over the course of my time, mingling with the guests and chatting with choir members.  Even though I’m not sure I will ever be able to sing with the women for a season, I need to remain active in some way.  This choir has been part of my inspiration to go into ministry.  Without my spiritual experiences and affirmations and opportunities this choir provided for me, my growth may not have led me to this place in life.  

Oh Giver of Melody, Rhythm and Harmony, thank you for the beauty of music; for those who write the words, compose the music, and bring both to life.  Thank you for the voices, lifting and sharing the gift.  Thank you for the people who are willing to work so hard to bring music to life and for the unimaginable joy music gives.  Amen.